FAR Infrared Sauna
Sauna therapy is a thermal therapy that has been recognized throughout history as a viable means of relaxing and cleansing the body. It improves overall health and promoting a sense of well being. From Finland to India and across North America, doctors are recommending saunas as a safe and effective adjunctive therapy for detoxification.
It is a practical means of stimulating the release of non-essential or toxic trace metals such as nickel, cadmium, mercury, and lead through sweat. The therapeutic rationale for using a sauna is that overheating the body, and hence inducing an artificial fever, stimulates metabolism, inhibits the growth of bacteria, increases the ability of all vital organs, and increases the capacity of the skin to eliminate, detoxify, and cleanse via profuse sweating.
Infrared saunas use radiant energy to directly penetrate the body’s tissues to a depth of over 1½ inches. Its energy output is tuned to correspond so closely to the body’s own radiant energy that our bodies absorb close to 93% of the infrared waves that reach our skin. Infrared rays are then selectively absorbed by the tissues needing a boost in their output. The internal production of infrared energy that normally occurs within our tissues is associated with a variety of healing responses, and may require a boost to a maximal level to insure the fullest healing response possible in tissue and repair.
The infrared energy may exceed up to 2-3 times the sweat volume of a hot air sauna while operating at a much cooler air temperature at the range of approximately 110 degrees Fahrenheit to 130 degrees Fahrenheit versus 180 to 235 degrees Fahrenheit for hot saunas. The lower the heat range the safer for those concerned about cardiovascular risks. Infrared saunas make one-third of their output in the middle infrared band from 2 to 5.6 microns for deeper penetration and the other two-thirds in the long band from 5.6 to 25 microns. The band from 2 to 25 microns is the most therapeutic according the Chinese researchers.
Japanese researchers have reported that infrared radiant heat antidotes the negative effects of toxic electromagnetic sources, that is, high tension power lines or computer display terminals. These thermal systems have been shown to be free of toxic electromagnetic fields and are not dangerous.
SAFETY OF THE SAUNA THERAPY
Sauna therapy is generally well tolerated by most healthy adults and children. This therapy has been shown to cause transient changes in hormones and cardiovascular function. However, sauna therapy does not influence fertility and it is considered as a safe treatment during uncomplicated pregnancies in healthy women.
With regard to cardiovascular health, recent research shows that repeated sauna therapy up regulates endothelial nitro oxide synthase expression in arterial endothelium, thereby improving the hemodynamics of the endothelial function and blood vessel wall.
This is why the clinical symptoms in patients with chronic congestive heart failure improve. Some studies suggest that long-term sauna therapy may improve the left ventricular ejection fraction in patients with chronic congestive heart failure, and it may lower blood pressure in hypertensive patients.
Patients with chronic bronchitis and asthma may benefit from the transient improvements in pulmonary function that occurs because of sauna therapy. Further, patients with rheumatic disease and arthritis can safely employ sauna therapy as a means of improving joint mobility and relieving pain.
- Recent Myocardial Infarction.
- Unstable Angina Pectoris.
- Severe Aortic Stenosis.
- Please discuss your case with Dr. Silver to see if you are a candidate.
Overview of the benefits of far Infrared sauna:
- Weight Loss: Burns 900 – 2400 calories in just one 30 minute session.
- Release of accumulated toxins such as pesticides, PCBs, drug residues, acidic wastes and non-essential trace metals.
- Improvement in symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis.
- Improves skin tone and elasticity, softens scars, and gives you a youthful glowing skin.
- Increased oxygenation of the tissues and cells.
- Greatly speeds any anti-cellulite program.
- Increased circulation, oxygen and nutrient delivery within the body.
- Improvement in immune function.
- Improved cardiovascular function.
- Improved pulmonary function.
- Alleviation of pain and improved joint mobility and helps with sprains, strains, and muscle spasms.
- Improved psoriatic conditions.
- Relief of symptoms of asthma and chronic bronchitis.
- More recently, it has been used in cancer therapy and shows great promise.
- It assists in resolution of inflammatory infiltrates, edema, and exudates.
- Sunburn; Infrared radiation is one of the antidotes to excessive ultraviolet radiation.
- Relaxation and enjoyment, it removes stress in a comfortable warm temperature while you are relaxing.
I have been using my far infrared sauna since 2000. At that time, I had an abnormal CT scan and PET scan of my chest which was compatible with lymphoma. I used my sauna to improve my energy and detoxify. In addition to the far infrared sauna, I used multiple intravenous therapies including intravenous ozone (under an IRB study). In addition to this, I used high gauss 19,000 magnet therapy (PEMF), lymphatic drainage with the light beam generator, microcurrent stimulation, and hyperbaric oxygen treatment.
If you are interested in adding this to your detoxification program, please feel free to call my office.
In addition to this, we do extensive blood testing for your genes, toxins, and biochemical individuality. Dr. Silver includes this far infrared sauna as part of his life extension medical program. He feels it is essential for good health.
Best in health,
Dean R. Silver, M.D.